Pacific Rims Inc. (PRI) provides a lifetime warranty to the original owner, coatings applied by PRI will be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal and intended use. PRI agrees to repair at PRI’s sole discretion, without charge, any part which is returned to PRI, 941 Garcia Ave., Pittsburg, CA. 94565 (freight prepaid) with a copy of the original sales receipt and which, after examination, shows that the product has failed in normal use and service due to defects in material and/or workmanship in the form of delaminating or yellowing. Such repair or replacement shall not include removal or installation. This express warranty is not applicable to PRI products, which have been subject to corrosion of the finish due to neglect, chemicals, and/or adverse weather conditions.
PRI hereby disclaims all other express warranties or implied warranties.
Transfer of title of any PRI products by the original retail owner voids the warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and there may also be other rights under state laws. No warranty or representation by anyone other than PRI will be binding to the manufacturer.
Quality control personnel will review all defect returns and any defects not found to be PRI’s responsibility will be rejected and returned to the sender at their expense. Appearance defects will not be honored if:
- Damage occurred during installation, mounting, etc.
- finish has been damaged by improper maintenance or improper cleaning agents other than those recommended in the cleaning instructions as stated herein. This is why evidence of harsh cleaning methods described on this sheet will be void of all warranties. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Important Technical Information Regarding Wheel Care
Parts Coated with the PermaStar™ finish require some periodical cleaning with only mild soap and water in order to maintain the factory appearance. The following steps shall help safeguard the finish.
- Regular cleaning with mild soap and water is required to remove roads soils, break dust and road salts that can trap moisture and cause corrosion over a period of time. Brake dust is itself corrosive and can cause pitting of the finish. These soils should be removed regularly. After cleaning a coat of protective wax that is “Clear Coat Safe” will help preserve the finish.
- If minor scratches do occur, they may be removed by using a high quality fine polish (Not a Chrome Polish) or scratch remover that is “Clear Coat Safe”
- Never clean parts with scouring pads or metal polishes. Steam cleaning should also be avoided. Use Caution around automatic car washes, since acidic preparations are often used to remove wheel soils. When cleaning tires use caution, never allow steel wool or hard bristle brush to come in contact with the finish. Never allow any harsh chemicals or tire cleaners to come in contact with the finish. This could damage the appearance of the finish permanently. Never spray cold water on extremely hot finishes. Allow time to cool down before cleaning with a mild soap and water solution.